Friday, October 23, 2009

Where is the Sun?

Maybe we were a little spoiled with great, sunny weather in Florida earlier this month, but seriously, where is the sun?
Since we've been back (which has been 19 days), I think we've seen the sun 4-5 times. That's it! Plus, we've seen snow already and lots and lots and lots of rain. I'm sick of it...literally.

I've never considered myself to have moods that are affected by the weather, but lately I am beginning to wonder. I have no motivation lately and I've been feeling like I have no time for anything important. The boys and I have been spending most days in the house, just playing with toys and baking or cooking. I've had little motivation to clean the house or to even make a quick run to a store...it's just too much work in the rain! I am tired of hoods and umbrellas and running Brady into his school in the pouring rain. Where is the sun?

I have to work this weekend and I'm actually looking forward to it a little. We can definitely use a little extra cash, and quite honestly, what else would I be doing in the rain and cold of this month? I am not one who enjoys sitting around the house for hours on end. All 4 of us get bored doing that. But what else is there to do on days like this? Most every option for going out and about costs money when it's cold out. No parks, walks, or even cheap garage sales. I'm thinking it might be time to pull the cars out of the garage and let the kids play on their outside toys in there.

I am also feeling a severe lack of time lately. I'm not sure if I can blame the weather for this one or not. Although I am home most days, it can still be very difficult to get tasks accomplished. I can easily do things like cleaning the house, organizing clothes, doing laundry, making meals, baking sweets, and ironing shirts, but some tasks are more difficult. For instance, I have much more trouble getting my bible study complete, getting my hair cut, paying bills, getting groceries (in timely fashion without the boys around), taking a relaxing bath, or spending quality time with my husband. For these activities, I usually only have the hours between 7 pm (when the boys go to bed) and about 10-11pm (when I go to bed). This may seem like a lot of time, but really it isn't. Tuesday nights I have bible study, so those nights are already out for getting any of these tasks accomplished. Plus, some nights my perfect children don't go to sleep like they are suppose to (imagine that!), and then I don't get time to myself until more like 8pm. I'm not really sure how to solve this problem just yet, but I am definitely working on it.

In an attempt to stop feeling so overwhelmed and chaotic, I have decided to take one day at a time and not to stress about what I don't accomplish each day. So for today, I will play with my children and rest if we get tired, we'll eat leftover chicken enchilada pie for dinner, we'll have our normal Friday night game night with Brady after dinner, and then I will get ready for work this weekend and get some extra sleep. Hopefully later this weekend I will find the time to begin my bible study, but if not, then I'll just do what I can before Tuesday night. There's not much else I can really do.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and that we get to see the sun soon!

No comments: