Wednesday, October 28, 2009

At Our House

A lot has been happening at our house lately. I haven't had much time to blog or even twitter, but I thought I would take a few minutes to share.

This past weekend was my weekend to work. It was pretty busy at my work, which is definitely a good thing, so I can get the hours that I need. The weekend went by quickly and now I get another break from work until next month. Woo-hoo!

On Friday night we received a call about our car (3 calls about it actually, since last week). This is it! The car will officially be gone from our house on Saturday morning. Peter's mom called us Friday night to ask if we might be willing to sell it to them on a pay-per-month basis. While this is not exactly what we had in mind, we both felt strongly that God was telling us that this is exactly what He wanted. I feel very at peace about our decision. We will not be getting as much money or getting paid as quickly, but the money is not what is important here at all. We now have to opportunity to help Peter's mom and Hank. They have been very financially burdened since Hank's strokes and hospital stays last fall. Money is tight for them now and this is just one way that we are able to be the hands and feet of Jesus to reach out and help them.

Since we are now selling the car, we've also been busy this week getting the car in "selling" condition. Yesterday was an attempted free tire rotation at Sam's Club, which failed because of some stubborn lug nuts. Today the car is at our local car repair for an oil change and lug nut removal :). Tomorrow will be try number 2 at the tire rotation. Tonight Peter is going to replace one of the brake light bulbs that recently burnt out and fill up the windshield washer fluid.
It will be a little bittersweet to see the car go, but at least it's staying in the family. I bought that car for Peter about 2-3 months before we got married (the car he was driving was a death-trap and it just had to go!). We've owned the car for 6 1/2 years now and it really has been a great car--I've had very little complaints about the, now 14 year old car.

In other news, we are trying hard to stay healthy in our house.
Brady woke up yesterday with a fever and complaints of feeling "busy" (or dizzy). After a dose of Tylenol, he was back to his normal self until about 3pm, when the fever returned. Again, a dose of Tylenol and a bath later and he was back to normal. Due to school policy, we had to keep Brady home from school today and so far so good! No fever in sight since yesterday afternoon. I am hoping that this is the end of it and that Brady will be feeling as good as new by Friday morning for his Harvest party at school. He can't wait to put on his Tigger costume and go trick-or-treating around his school.
There is also a bit of a scare for Peter at his work. He currently has 2 team members out with confirmed cases of H1N1 and another team member and good friend in the hospital with confirmed H1N1. It's a little scary!
We are hoping and praying that H1N1 does not strike our family, since it is especially bad for little children and pregnant women! It feels great to trust in the Lord!

Today we are going to stay home, wash a ton of laundry, make some chili and homemade bread for dinner, disinfect our house, and watch last night's episode of Charlie Brown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect plan for today. Keep those sick bugs away!!! :)