Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Pregnancy--11 weeks

Ok, don't start to worry. I am most certainly not going to give a weekly update on my pregnancy just yet. That would get extremely boring to read since not much is changing from week to week (for me anyways, the baby is changing rather quickly).

But here's the scoop so far.

I have been blessed once again to have had very minimal morning sickness issues. I was unable to eat meat for awhile, but that passed in about a weeks time. I also had a little trouble with food smells for awhile, but that has long since passed as well. Even my increased fatigue is getting better, which is good with 2 busy boys around.

I will be 12 weeks along next Tuesday and I go to my first OB appointment on Monday. I am anxious to go to the doctor for a few reasons this time. First of all, I haven't been in since my positive pregnancy test back in July, and it feels kind of strange to not have seen the doctor yet. Secondly, I absolutely love my clinic in Fridley. I know it's a bit of a drive, but it's well worth it to have excellent doctors and nurses who know me so well! Plus, who can beat a free babysitter (since my mom is home 2-3 days a week). I certainly can't have Peter taking a day off work every month to tag along to boring appointments.
But speaking of boring appointments....this one will not be one of those. Next week I get to hear our little baby's heartbeat for the first time. The sound of a tiny heartbeat is so precious!

I have no belly pictures to share today, since I have only gained 2 lbs. so far and I really don't look at all different. Peter and I will be leaving for Florida in exactly 3 weeks now! I bought a pair of maternity shorts (on cheap clearance) to wear on our trip, but now I am wondering if I will actually even need them. I have been told, however, that with the third pregnancy I may "pop" out even faster than I did with the first two. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

At 11 weeks along, this baby is already 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig. The baby is almost fully formed now and will soon open and close its fists. The tooth buds are forming, and some bones are beginning to harden. Isn't that just amazing? I am so happy to know that God is forming this baby inside of me!!

Now we wait--which is good. I need a little break from all of the summer's craziness. In the second week of November we will be having our ultrasound, and at this point we will find out our baby's gender. It feels like that day can't get here fast enough!

I will give another update in a month or so, and maybe I'll have some belly pics to share at that time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to find out if I need to buy girlie owl clothes or manly owl clothes. ;)

Molly said...

Me too!!!
Maybe you can buy both!! Katie and I might have opposite genders.

Katie said...

That would be fun!!! 12 week appointment tomorrow!!!