Monday, August 17, 2009

Brady Steven

This post is about my oldest son, Brady Steven.

I love the way the name sounds--except I'm really not much of a fan of using middle names like that.

Anyways, in this post, I'd like to talk about my firstborn son and some of the fun adventures we've had in the first 4 years of his life.

Brady was born on June 13, 2005--just one day shy of his due date of June 14. He weighed in at 8 lbs. 4 oz. and was 21 inches long. Brady was the first grandson for my parents and the third grandchild for Peter's parents.

Brady grew and grew and grew and by 2 months old he weighed 15 lbs! I just LOVE chubby babies!


Brady began to thin out again at about 9 months old. He was a very healthy and happy baby who didn't like to nap much, but slept great at night from about 2 months old.





Jumping ahead, at 15 months old, on Halloween, Brady had an accident with the coffee table that caused 4 stitches to be placed in his forehead. Then, in December 2006, he has surgery to remove a growth on his head. What a traumatic couple of months for us!


At the hospital, right before surgery.

Another big event occurred when Brady became a big brother in June of 2007. Brady has always handled his job of big brother very well. Here are a few pictures to prove it.



Logan's first doctor appointment


Matching shirts



Brady got his first "big bed" when he was 2 1/2. Someday this will be the top bunk to the bed he will share with Logan. Brady and Logan have shared a room for 1 1/2 yrs. already and they have really become close buddies because of it.

Brady just turned 4 this summer. He has already learned to ride his bike, he has learned all of his letters (upper and lower case) and letter sounds (he is even beginning to read), and he is getting more and more comfortable in the water as well.

Brady will be starting preschool in just 3 short weeks. It's hard to believe that time has come already, but we are anxious to see him grow and learn and make new friends in school. And, as much as I'd love to keep him here with me at home forever, it's time for me to let him begin his schooling adventures. Besides, I feel it is much better for him to learn from professionals who have been properly educated to teach.

Here's one last picture of my smart, adorable, healthy, happy, stubborn, and witty 4 year old boy. We love you so much Brady Steven!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We certainly do love you Brady! :)
I will never forget how proud I was the moment I became an antie for the first time. Brady will always hold a special place in my heart.

Laura said...

Testing...1.2.3...