With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I wanted to share some of the reasons that I am thankful this year.
- First of all, I am thankful for God and His presence in my life this year.
I am also thankful for:
- Peter, who is my everyday companion, wonderful father, and shoulder to cry on
- Brady, who goes out of his way to put a smile on my face
- Logan, who hugs me until I nearly fall over and loves to spin with me
- Marshall, who still snuggles and sings with me every afternoon and evening
- A new place to live, after the sale of our town house in January
- A very healthy family
- Farmington public school and especially Akin Road Elementary
- Farmington Community Education, sports for the kids that I can actually afford
- Chapel Hill Church
- Wonderful friendships with amazing friends who are also family
- Busy mornings with my little boys
- Quiet afternoons by myself
- My role as stay-at-home mom (I could not do this without Peter and his hard work)
- My job as Physical Therapist Ass't, to give me another purpose, in serving the elderly
- BSF. A place to study God's word, while my children study it as well. I am thankful that all 5 of us are doing BSF this year and that Katie and Addy recently joined as well
- My family and the time we've spent together this year, traveling the country
- Extended family, and I am so glad to have seen many of them this past year
- Thanksgiving next week-- a time to spend with family, just enjoying each other and being thankful together
- Target (I don't know what I would do without it :)
- The families who adopted Charlie and Simon this year
- Bonfires in the backyard
- Chocolate, Diet Pepsi, and Egg Nog
- Our gas fireplace, which always warms me right up
- A safe neighborhood, with tons of little boys for my little boys to play with
- God's perfect timing, even when it doesn't feel "perfect" to me.
Not everything has gone exactly according to my plans this year, but I can rest comfortably knowing that God has a plan and a purpose for my life.
Right now we are taking life one step at a time and we are teaching our children that sometimes things don't work out the way we hope and plan they will.
"Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21