My second born, middle child has always had quite a personality. He has been a very independent and strong willed child since he was born.
Plus, he has an excellent sense of humor and a great belly laugh.
Today I'd like to share some of the things that Logan has taught me.
1. If you want your 3 year old to do something, just tell him not to do it.
2. Bribery with food has been known to work great when it comes to getting your 3 year old to come inside from playing.
3. A potty training 3 year old can pee in the potty 100 times a day if he gets M&M's when he goes.
4. No matter how tired your 3 year old seems to be at bedtime, he will still be awake 2 hours later when you try to sneak his older brother into bed.
5. Having a temper tantrum right along with your 3 year old can cause a him to belly laugh so hard that he forgets why he was angry to begin with.
6. Sometimes it's best for everyone to just let your 3 year old wear his favorite penguin pj's to bed as often as they are clean (even if it is 90 degrees outside and the pj's are a blanket sleeper).
7. Don't say anything that you don't want to hear repeated by your 3 year old at the grocery store later on.
8. Likewise, don't try to hide your breast pump with a towel over it, because your 3 year old will be sure to point it out to his Daddy's friend on the tour of the house anyways.
9. If even one, slightly bad word is spoken on television, your 3 year old will be certain to repeat it over and over again, laughing hysterically.
10. A 3 year old can hit or bump his head into anything and everything at least 20 times a day. Luckily, all it takes to make it better is a kiss 20 times a day (and who doesn't love a reason to kiss their 3 year old?).
11. Some things that are really fun for a 3 year old include: watching Mommy take a shower, putting on chapstick so you can immediately lick it off, falling head first off of the couch repeatedly, copying the behavior that just sent your 5 year old brother to time-out (and expecting not to be punished for it yourself).
12. A 3 year old can tell the same knock, knock joke a million times and continue to laugh at himself, even though he can't yet understand what exactly is funny about the joke.
13. Words such as bedtime, meat, oatmeal, and underwear can cause a 3 year old to crack up for at least 3 minutes straight.
14. If at first, your 3 year old refuses a kiss from his mommy, a moment of fake crying always causes his sensitive soul to turn back and allow the kiss on his head.
Logan has taught me so many things in his 3 short years of life, and I can only imagine what he'll teach me next. Everyday is a new adventure with him.
Logan and Chuck E. Cheese. This was Logan's first birthday dinner with just Daddy and also his first trip to Chuck E. Cheese.