As everyone knows already, yesterday was Mother's Day.
This was the first Mother's Day in the past 3 years that I haven't worked, so that was quite refreshing. I think from now on, I'll plan my work schedule around it.
Yesterday was a great day! First of all, it was great because I got to see my own mom. We weren't really planning on it, but my parents decided last minute to come down to our church. A little birdy (possibly Auntie Laura) had told them that Brady was going to be singing up front this week.
We tried to arrange a way to see my mother-in-law too, but she had to work and also was feeling under the weather this weekend. I think she's planning on coming down to our place some night this week for some dinner and a belated Mother's day celebration. It should be fun.
As for me, this was my 6th Mother's Day so far (the first one was in 2005 when I was pregnant with Brady).
These are the special "gifts" I received this year:
- Homemade gifts from Brady and Logan. Brady made a special hand print tile in preschool and both boys made gifts for me in Sunday school at church yesterday.
- Watching Brady and his preschool Sunday school class sing a special Mother's Day song up front in church
- A great sermon at church with my parents, Laura, Peter, and Marshall sitting along side of me.
- A wonderful lunch out with my family.
- A much needed afternoon nap while Logan and Marshall also napped and Peter and Brady got groceries (an added bonus).
- A chocolate Bavarian donut from the above mentioned grocery trip.
- Watching Peter give the boys a much needed bath at bedtime.
-And finally, an early bedtime for me as well (it was quite a crazy week last week--with Logan sick, and then getting a new bed...).
Here are a few pictures of what Mother's Day looked like for me.
Brady's tile hand print from preschool.
Homemade Mother's Day card from preschool
Inside of the card.