I just realized that it's been almost a week since my last post. December is always the busiest month for me, so this is really not that surprising, but I'd still like to make some time for blogging this month.
Here's a little of what's been going on around our house lately:
- Laura and I had our annual cookie baking day this past Saturday. We baked 6 different kinds of Christmas cookies and 1 Christmas candy. I can't wait for the opportunity to start sharing them!
- Yesterday I started and completed our Christmas shopping (in about an hour). Luckily we are not buying much this year, and we had some great ideas for the gifts we did buy. All that remains now are a couple of gift cards and getting the gifts wrapped.
- On Friday night, my Dad and I had our annual birthday dinner together. We realized that this year marked our 24th year of birthday dinners together! After dinner, we attended the Christmas concert at Northwestern and had an opportunity to hear some great Christmas music! Only 10 days left in my 20's now!
- Today we have snow! The ground here is already white and the snow has been falling for as long as I've been awake (which hasn't really been that long yet). According to the news last night, we are suppose to get around 6 inches at our house by the time the storm ends tomorrow. I guess we'll wait and see about that. Today we will stay at home, make pretzel salad for bible study tonight, work on Christmas cards and bills, and enjoy the snow. I'm thinking it's also a great day for hot chocolate and our warm fireplace!
- Logan has been working on using the potty! He's very excited about his new accomplishment and he's been able to go every time he's sat up on the big potty so far! I'm thinking it might just be time to get out the potty chair again. I know he'll just go nuts for the songs that it plays!
- My pregnancy has now advanced to week 24! This has definitely been my quickest pregnancy so far. I am feeling great and go back to the doctor later this week. We have not settled on a name just yet, but we are preparing our bedroom closet to become a make-shift room for the baby for the first 6 months to a year. We'll see how it works out.
I think that pretty much sums up what's been happening in the past few weeks around here. So much more is coming up too!
Oh, and if you are looking for something to be in prayer about, I have it.
There have been several layoffs at Peter's work in the past few weeks, including last Thursday, when over 200 people were laid off in the sales and marketing departments.
Peter does not feel like his job is in danger or that his department will be affected by these layoffs, but you can never be sure these days.
We have decided to put our trust in the Lord and to not be fearful. We know that God's plans are always the best for us, even when life seems a little scary.
Happy December to all. I can't wait for Christmas!