Thursday, October 15, 2009

On My Mind

I don't have a lot of energy left in me today, but I thought I would take a few moments to share some things that have been on my mind lately.

- I would really like some fresh paint on our walls-all of them, but particularly the white walls downstairs. They are in pretty rough shape!

- Painting walls can be very time consuming and expensive-a project for another time, I guess.

- I would love some drapes/valences/window decor in the living room, but not until after we paint.

- Our family has a very busy weekend schedule in general, but it's especially crazy this time of year. At least one day of every weekend between now and the end of the year is already booked with solid plans-in most cases, it's both days. There is one exception right now. The weekend of Nov. 21 & 22 is still open. Not for long I am guessing.

- Some may think I am crazy for trying to make Christmas plans already, but for our family, if we don't make them soon, then we'll be booked too tight to fit them in. We celebrate 5 Christmases each year, and all happen within the same week! With 2 kids, this can be very exhausting.

- Finding size 10 toddler boots right now has proven to be a difficult task. Thanks so much Mom and Dad for going on a boot hunt for us last night. We really appreciate it.

- Always remember that, when asking your 4 year old to help you make cookies, it will most likely take twice as long to get the job done, and also be twice as messy. Thanks for the help anyways, Brady! You are a great cookie-sprinkler!

- I am learning so much about God and so much about myself (not all good) in our "breaking free" bible study.

- I am feeling a little bummed that we might have encountered a set-back with selling our car. There now appears to be a slight problem with the car that will most likely need to be repaired before our selling attempts can continue. Hopefully it's not too expensive.

-What to do about the H1N1 flu shot-for me?, for the boys? There is so much information out there supporting both decisions. It's hard to know what to do.
- I have also been thinking about how scary it is that so many parents are now choosing not to vaccinate their children.

- I have often wondered how 2 children can make so much noise, and now I am wondering how loud 3 children might be :).

- I am looking forward to the wedding that Peter and I will be attending for his best friend this weekend. This will now be our 2nd dance together (the first was earlier this summer. We weren't good). Is it wrong of me to be looking forward to a break from the boys as well? I have learned twice now that little children and wedding do not mix!

No comments: