Monday, September 14, 2009

A Quick Update

Well, like this blog is titled, this will be brief. I don't have a lot of time this morning, but I can't stand it when the blogs I read never get updated. I have actually made a decision to stop reading some blogs for this very reason.

Peter has been very busy and stressed out at work lately. For the past 2 weeks or so he has been working several extra hours and missing out on a lot of his running time. If you know Peter at all, you probably know how much his running means to him. He also attempted to take a day of vacation on Friday, only to end up working from home most of the day. He worked from home again yesterday for several hours, while watching the boys by himself.
We are hoping he gets some relief soon, but we are also so thankful for the job he has. It's hard to complain about work in this economy...you have to be thankful you even have a job sometimes.

I also just finished up my first weekend of work this month. It's a great feeling to have one of my weekends behind me already. My work was busy, but not overly crazy this weekend, so I managed to get almost all of my normal hours.
I am now looking at working again this upcoming weekend, and then going to two different continuing education classes the following week. The first class is for 2 hours next Tuesday evening and I am looking forward to seeing some good friends of mine at the class. The next class is Saturday morning (the 26th) in Stillwater. That one is only for 3 hours and we get a free breakfast. I guess I really can't complain.

Brady is at preschool right now for his third day. He is really loving it there and having no trouble saying goodbye at all. It's still been a little hard for me to leave him there, but it's all worth it to see his smiling face at the end of his day. We just turned in his permission slip today for his first field trip. Peter will also be attending the field trip as a chaperon and he's really looking forward to it!

Logan is enjoying his extra time at home (or at the mall) with Mommy these days. Right now he is busy driving cars around and watching TV. He is really growing up quickly too! Logan will also be getting a haircut this afternoon, as his hair has grown completely out of control once again. My favorite place to get his hair cut is up in Coon Rapids, and since we'll be there today, I thought I'd take full advantage.

I will give an update on my 12 week appointment later this week. I am so excited to finally be going to the doctor today. I love that clinic so much...it feels like family there (and with good reason, since my mom will be there today).

I am also happy to say today that my parents just found out recently that they got approved for their 2 week vacation. They haven't been on a long trip like this in awhile, so they are so excited. Even though this leaves Uncle Jason solely responsible for the boys during our trip, I am so glad for my parents. They both really need a vacation and a break from some work stress! And, Uncle Jason does a great job with Brady and Logan! They love him so much!

Ok, so that wasn't really that quick, but I'll try to have some pictures up for tomorrow.

No comments: