Monday, August 24, 2009

A busy, but relaxing weekend

Well, it's always a little hard to come back to normal after a great weekend.

On Friday night, Laura and Jason came down to watch the boys so my Dad and I could go see the Vikings with our free tickets. The boys behaved well (or so I'm told), and we had fun at the game. The Vikings won (which is always preferable) and I had a great night with my Dad. The down side was the extreme noise in the metrodome (maybe I'm just getting old, but that sure was loud), and the many, many people on the light rail :). I sure can't complain about a free game with awesome seats, though. The entire night only cost $8!

Saturday was a very casual day for me and the boys. Peter returned from his "big race" around 3 pm. He was beat, to say the least, but he still managed to come to the park with us and play out in the yard all afternoon.
Peter returned home with a Subway sandwich (due to the fact that he hardly ate in the last 2 days), a new running shirt, a gigantic medal, and tons of great memories of his first 195 mile relay race. He ended up running 4 legs of the race instead of the original 3, due to another runner being unable to run. Of the 4 races, 2 of them were run in the middle of the night! He got a total of about 1.5 hrs. of sleep total and is still not fully recovered. In spite of the difficulty, though, Peter still had an awesome experience and is interested in doing it again next summer.

On Sunday, the boys and I went to church and we let Peter stay home and sleep in. Then we ate some lunch and both of the boys took long naps!!!! That does not happen often anymore with Brady, but he was definitely very tired. Peter and I cleaned up our old car, and then he drove it up to Eagan to show it to some people who are potentially interested in buying it. We are praying for the car to sell quickly, as it would be a huge blessing to have only 2 cars this winter.
Then, on Sunday night, we made a very spur-of-the-moment decision to go and eat at one of our favorite restaurants. We drove up to West St. Paul to have dinner at the Great Moon Buffet. It's been over 4 years since I've been there, but it was every bit as good as I remember, and the boys loved it too! When we got home we took a walk (Brady rode his trike), got the boys to bed, and then crashed ourselves.

I've been told that many pictures were taken of Peter's race, so I'm hoping to get my hands on them later this week to share.

I hope everyone else had a great weekend as well.
Next weekend we are looking forward to a great time at the State Fair (just Peter and I that is).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Peter had a great time at his race!!
2 Days left til the fair! WOOHOO!