Why is it that I can't ever seem to make time to just breathe?
Is it because I have 3 children under age 6?
Is it because I am a huge perfectionist?
Is it because our family is overly involved in too many things?
Well, I guess it could be any of those things, but I am trying today to focus on my huge "to-do" list and just take things one at a time--without the stress!
Here's what's on my list for today.
- 3 loads of laundry
- swimming lessons
- planning dinner so Peter can make it while we're at lessons
- Bible study (my entire lesson, since I've been too sick/too busy to even begin)
- A pile of paperwork for Logan's preschool
- making a list of foods I might be able to eat after my surgery on Friday
- cutting up veggies for our famous toddler pasta, before they go bad
- dealing with the daily needs of my 3 children
And to think, it's already almost 1 pm!! Where has the day gone?!?
So, instead of freaking out, I am just going to tackle the most important items first, and see how far I can make it.
Why didn't you do some of these things yesterday, you ask?
Well, good question. Yesterday I was still recovering from the stomach flu that I got on Sunday, so my energy was definitely low. Yesterday, I took out the trash, did laundry, took a nap, avoided all food smells, taught Logan to ride a bike with training wheels, worked more with Brady on riding a bike without training wheels, and attended Brady's track practice. There wasn't much time left after all that!
Oh, and the post I promised on Brady's first track meet?
Well, that will have to wait for another day, I guess. Off to tackle the list now. Wish me luck!!