Sunday, August 15, 2010

Touching Base

It's been almost a week since I last blogged. I have had a ton of good blog ideas lately, but no time to blog about any of them. I've got 4 good reasons for not getting to my blog lately, and I don't feel at all guilty spending time with my precious family. I'm sure you understand.

On Friday, Peter took an unexpected day off of work so we could leave early for our trip.
We hit the road on Friday afternoon and headed into Wisconsin to a town called Osseo, with an awesome campground called Stoney Creek.
Our whole family was involved in this trip. My parents, Laura and Jason, and our family all spent the weekend camping (Mom and Dad in their camper and the rest of us in a camping cabin). It was a blast!
We spent the weekend having picnics, swimming in the pool, going to some shops, spotting some Amish folks, playing with the boys at the playground, coloring, having a campfire, and just being generally goofy. Our weather was picture perfect all weekend! Family fun at it's finest.

This was Marshall's first vacation as well as his first night away from home, and boy was he a great little camper! He didn't quite sleep through the night like he does at home, but with just one feeding each night, I couldn't complain.
Brady and Logan both slept in the camper with Grandma and Grandpa this year, and all seemed to go well there too.

All 3 boys were exhausted tonight at bed time and each of them went to bed about 30 minutes earlier than normal. Peter and I are also tired, but we had a great time and can't wait to go back again next year.

Peter is just starting his vacation from work tomorrow too, and he'll be off of work until next Monday! I am so excited to have him around for the entire week. Plus, the weather is looking to be gorgeous this week!

I just uploaded my pictures of our trip tonight, but I have no energy to pick some to post yet. Hopefully I'll get to that tomorrow.

No comments: