Monday, July 5, 2010

A Busy Holiday Weekend

As our weekend comes to a close, I thought I'd take a few minutes to share what we've been up to the past 4 days.

Friday--
On Friday, I took the boys to meet Laura, Katie, and Addison at the water park in Apple Valley. We had a picnic lunch, played in the water with the boys (and Addy, who actually enjoyed it even more than Logan), had some good conversations, and got way too much sun. Ouch!

Then, I brought Laura back home with me, cooked a Weight Watchers friendly dinner, and Peter and I got to head out for our date night. We went to see the movie The Last Airbender. It was a good movie and we had a great time relaxing--just the 2 of us :).

Saturday--
Saturday morning we headed over to Burnsville to the new water park (the one that I blogged about below). We played there for a few hours, bought a few fireworks, and headed home to eat lunch. In the afternoon, Peter taught Brady how to play his favorite card game, and then we had our own little fireworks show in the driveway in the evening. The boys loved the fireworks and were completely exhausted when we were done.

Sunday--
Sunday was our day at home. We made it our goal on Sunday not to leave the house, and we actually succeeded. We all slept in late, ate veggies from the Farmers Market for lunch, and relaxed the rest of the day. Peter and I even managed to sneak out another movie night at home after the boys went to bed.

Monday--
Today was the final day of our "vacation". This morning I did a little dusting, vacuuming, laundry, and taking out of the trash. In the afternoon, we all headed over to Burnsville Center, K-mart, Target, and then Chipotle for dinner. As I type this, the boys are all finally asleep, and I am getting ready to do the same (after I eat a few more chocolate covered peanuts).

Another week begins tomorrow, but at least it's a short one.
I am looking forward to a wedding shower on Thursday night and possibly a new addition to the Ginn family as well :).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Ours was nice and relaxing too - back to reality now. :)

Dad said...

Sounds like a perfect 4th of July weekend

Katie said...

Sounds like fun!