Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Am So Thankful

With Thanksgiving just over a week away, I thought I would take a few minutes to share some of the things that I am so thankful for.
This year has certainly been crazy and different than any other--in so many ways, but each day I continue to be thankful for all that God has given to me and my family.

I am thankful for a healthy family! I am happy to say that none of us have been very sick in the past year.

I am thankful for our jobs.

I am thankful for the sunny month of November!

I am thankful for the healthy baby boy growing inside of me, and for all of the joy that I know he'll soon bring to our family.

I am thankful for children who sleep 13 hours each night and for the sleep that I get as well.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband, children, parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, and friends.

I am thankful for the bible study that I have been working through this fall and for our great teacher, Amy!

I am SO thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and for the gift He gave me of eternal life.

I am thankful that Peter will be off work all of next week. I am excited for our fun plans as well!

I am thankful for my birthday dinners out with my dad. I can't wait to see "Christmas at Northwestern" together. What a great way to get into the holiday spirit and have a great night out with my awesome dad!

I am thankful for my warm house and cozy fireplace!

I am thankful for the sale of our car and the upcoming paint on our walls.

I am thankful for our wonderful church and the many friends that we've made there. I am looking forward to the annual Thanksgiving Eve service and pie social.

I am thankful for children who won't let me forget to pray for a meal. Prayer is so so so important for us!

I am thankful for each new day.

Well, those are just some of the many things that I have to be thankful for in my life. There are just way too many to list!
I hope we all take few minutes to reflect on the many blessing in our lives this Thanksgiving season, and that we give thanks where thanks is really due.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!
We really are ridiculously blessed, aren't we?!
Yet I still manage to find plenty to whine about. HeeHee. ;)